Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Whispering in God's Ear

As I write this entry, I have just finished one of the best times with God that I have ever had.  Before I begin, I want to make sure you understand the reason for writing this Blog.  I am not doing this to make myself sound more spiritual than anyone else. I am doing this to show you that a common person can have some of the most amazing experiences with God here on earth.  You do not have to be anyone special for God to come and visit you.  All you need to be is hungry enough to press through the dry times until there is enough of "you" out of the way that He can come and visit you.  That's it!  So, as you read the following post realize that this is available to you.  More than that, He wants to share these kind of experiences with you.

My wife, Debbie, and I spent much of the day doing spiritual things.  I decided to end my day with Jesus in worship.  The first hour was less than uneventful.  So much so, I actually caught myself napping.  Determined to worship God, I went to my bedroom and laid down and began again.  This time, wide awake, I offered up worship to Jesus and the Father.  It was still a challenge to stay focused on what I was doing.  Thoughts began to fill my mind and I had to consciously push them aside and focus on Him.  Time went slowly by.  Then, with no warning, it was like a heavy blanket was laid on top of me and a peace that is not of this world engulfed me.  He's here!  Words that I had been forcing out of my mouth now seemed to flow out effortlessly.    It was as though I was whispering into the ear of the Father words of worship.  Each word filled with my love for Him.  Suddenly,  I caught a glimpse of His joy when I spoke those words.  It was a joy that seemed to explode in all directions.  Then, He said, "This is why I made you."  I feel like I have had just a small taste of what it must be like to be in heaven.

He wants you to know that this is available for you.  Don't stop during the dry times.  Your Father is receiving your worship just as much then as ever.  He wants you to press in and not stop because He wants to share these same times with you.

I hope this has blessed you and encouraged you.
~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How interesting!. Last evening i locked myself in my bedroom to pray. However as much as i was prepared to pray,i struggled on but a deep sleep overtook me. All this time i was on my knees.Must have gone into slumber for around five minutes or so i think. I pulled off the sleep and decided to begin afresh this time with my eyes open, i was determined to speak to God and i was amazed at the brief but clearly refreshed moment of prayer i had. God was with me in that short moment of determination to pray.
The next day i prayed abruptly in the most odd of places (public) i felt the same presence. This time i even made out a silent song to God on how i felt.After which i felt an inclination to search for the title of my song online

"WHISPERING IN GODS EAR" This is how i got to your blog! this is how the words of the song went

I'M BURSTING WITH DESIRE
MY CHEST IS SWOLLEN WITH A WISH
I WISH TO SPEAK A WORD TO YOU,A WORD ONLY YOU CAN GIVE
A WORD THAT MOVES YOUR HEART, AND CAUSES YOU TO INCLINE YOUR HEAD TO ME.
THEN I WILL WHISPER INTO YOUR EARS
AND YOU WILL BE PLEASED WITH ME
YOU WILL ANSWER MY PRAYERS.

This BLOG is the detailed Journal of my Experience and Journey Into Private Worship
____________________________________________________________

Special Announcement
Sign up for Teaching Letters @
Search the Bible